Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Lafayette
You understand you need to defend your home. Beyond everything else, it offers shelter for your family and is where you store your possessions. But what is the ideal form of home protection? Whether or not to get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the primary decisions you need to make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Lafayette and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24-hour monitoring, your home security system bridges to an external monitoring organization that is prepared to provide help at a moment’s notice. When an entrypoint sensor trips or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring professionals receive an alert immediately. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and send the appropriate emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t include professional backup. You can think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you must take action to remedy the situation. This option is the cheaper solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Lafayette
Here’s a short overview of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a support system on your side is always a good choice. If you are not on site, asleep, or don’t have your phone, your residence and its occupants will still be protected.
- Faster response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll react quicker to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems may qualify you for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Top-of-the-line tools and seamless integration: When you receive equipment, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security provider, you will gain access to a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be better than what you will find yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will have a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Numerous individuals prefer to have work done by skilled professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation is likely to be acceptable for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Lafayette
Here’s a quick overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Some may consider this a benefit as they can handle the installation themselves and not have an extra expense. Other residents may wish to use an experienced technician.
- More Flexibility: You are able to incorporate equipment when you wish - and from different manufacturers. However, you might find integrating into a cohesive system a challenge.
- Control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you don’t have your smartphone and don’t receive a security alert? This situation equates to added stress and less peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: Due to the fact you are the single person in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No assistance hooking up the system: If you need help during the install, you might have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Lafayette
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Lafayette from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home defense system is the ideal option for your family. Call (337) 306-6995 today to customize your package.