How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Lafayette
Home security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—a sign that informs criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Fortunately, modern security cameras are armed with a plethora of features all designed to provide all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these features enable you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Lafayette.
How To Set Up Your Lafayette Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Placing your home security cameras at the perfect locations around your living space is the first place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic rooms such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great move to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to pass to access the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras should afford a clear scene of your porch, front walk, and backyard, garage, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your main entryway through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations within your home that are less important to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room can hinder your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Video Surveillance
Component placement is only the first step in utilizing the most out of home security cameras in Lafayette. The additions described below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your phone anytime abnormal motion is detected. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when movements are detected which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your video surveillance to record and store clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: Most of today’s security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to guests through the device. Through your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view determines how much a lens can see, and gives you a more comprehensive view of what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120° coverage or that have the ability to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up footage of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your driveway and ignore cars passing or the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera footage, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant notifications when the see unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Lafayette is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system can go from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (337) 306-6995 or submit the form below to start customizing your home security and camera system today.