Today's home security options are becoming more capable every year. With that being said, it’s still easy to fail to perform simple security tasks like arming your a security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to worry about these tasks in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Lafayette, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Lafayette For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter along the sides of your house, which you can customize within your smartphone app. The technology then utilizes your phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices use to interact with each other. The technology assists your home security by putting all components onto one, unified network. You can then draw specific boundaries around your home and designate particular actions if you go past the specified border.
For example, when you exit your premises, you may instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing can inform your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are some of the technologies you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices including TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home security system in Lafayette. When you download the ADT Control app, you can reap the benefits of home automation. Just tap the app interface, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to dim to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your security alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain devices engage based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when a smoke detector trips. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light when your doorbell camera senses abnormal activity outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that function in concert with each other. Have your lighting turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and HVAC adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Lafayette
Whether you’re looking for added reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (337) 306-6995 or submit the following form to start designing your optimal security system.