What features do you need in a baby monitor in Lafayette?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was quite basic. You put a microphone-type device on a table next to your child’s bed, which transmits an audio feed to a connected gadget that resembles a walkie talkie. Fortunately, baby monitors now offer many more features. For example, many monitors now have HD video and two-way talk. You can also hook some monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you can wander wherever you want. The leading baby monitors in Lafayette are so sophisticated that they resemble interior surveillance systems in both features and cost.
Would you switch baby monitor with an indoor security camera?
Since baby monitors and indoor security cameras share many of the same features, you have many people in Lafayette linking their nursery to their overall home defense. So it makes sense -- especially if you’re upgrading to innovative Vivint systems -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● Clear video with night vision: Your monitoring device should have at minimum 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared functionality for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.
● Two-direction audio: You won’t always have to go inside the bedroom to quiet your child back to sleep. Your calming voice may be the only thing needed to keep them asleep.
● Motion sensors: While you can have your surveillance system continuously watch your baby sleep, your own alertness might diminish over time. But if your camera notices unexpected movements, then you can get a text alert to your mobile device. You will appreciate this when the baby quietly scrambles over the crib or if your curious cat noses into the nursery.
● Save and send recordings: The majority of baby monitors aren’t able to save portions of video. Today’s modern devices allow you to deliver a 20-second clip to a relative or family friend to allow them a glimpse of what a peaceful, precious baby you have.
● Watch on your mobile device: As an alternative to carrying monitoring equipment around, you are now able to watch from a simple smartphone app. You can even touch base with your young one and babysitter if you’re able to get an evening away.